p...@0ne.us wrote:

Yes, that was the impression I got from #p5p on IRC. They sorta expected
it to be a "quiet" release and used just to test things. I blame BinGOs'
bots for announcing it everywhere and making everyone excited :)

Perl roadmap implies that a new development version is released every month
around the 20th.
So there's nothing secretive about it.
I'm installing new smokers monthly (and drop old ones) without reading Perlbuzz or Perl Porters or something, I just know that there should be a new version. I believe Andreas and Chris do the same, knowing that they are interested in testing bleeding edge versions.

--
Serguei Trouchelle