On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 7:45 AM, Ben Tilly <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that.  But in such situations, I'm happy with waiting
> until an interested person gets involved, or a release candidate
> happens.

Yes, but it's not just you that might be interested.  The public
nature of the reports means that the Perl 5 Porters (or interested
users of any particular module) can examine how development releases
of perl are testing compared to prior versions.  The community at
large benefits from the increase in data.

>> https://prefs.cpantesters.org/
>
> That was truly painful.  I managed to login, but following the link to
> see my default filter settings took about 10 minutes.  But eventually
> I did manage to load
> https://prefs.cpantesters.org/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?act=author-default and
> see my settings.

I'm sorry that was your experience.  Perhaps something is going on
with the server.  [Barbie -- any ideas?]

>> I believe the default is not to notify for development releases of
>> perl, so if that isn't the case, please let us know so Barbie can
>> investigate.
>
> That is not the case for me, and I guarantee that I've never changed
> my settings.  The default appears to be to notify me for all unpatched
> versions of Perl, and all platforms.  And there is no easy option to
> not be notified for development releases of Perl.

Thank you for checking that out.  We'll look into it.  The intention
was for notification on development releases of Perl to be opt-in, not
opt-out.

-- David