Update:

The host company has confirmed that ...

a) our disk has a fault
b) we don't have a second RAID disk (even though we're paying for it!)

As such to replace the disk it requires complete data loss!

As you might anticipate this is not making me happy today. I had already
started making plans to migrate to a new server, but to do this
gradually over the next month. However, it looks like this will need to
be sped up.

As things stands the CT server is effectively out of action. I have read
access, but will need to wait until the new server is ready before I can
copy over everything as it currently stands. Although I have several
backups of data, I would rather avoid rebuilding the complete set of
data files.

I will keep you updated with further updates as and when I know more or
when there is further progress.

Barbie.