Update 2:

Machine is now failing to respond completely, and the last top I saw had
a Debian system process locking out everything :(

Despite reboots the server is now dead. I do have backups from last
week, so I can rebuild, but it will take some time.

Thanks to all who have offered hosting and disks, but we already have a
plan for a new high capacity server in the works. Just wasn't expecting
to implement it a couple of weeks early.

I'm not sure how quickly the new machine or old machine with new disk
will be up and running, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>