Not sure of the best way forward, so if anyone has suggestions, please
shout.

The index broke because I started a mysql shell, without the -A option. As
a consequence it started a process to get the field list of the tables in
the metabase db. As it was taking over an hour I CTRL-C'ed it and killed
the process. Bad idea. I've now been running the repair table for over 14
hours, as well as running a field list query on the cpanstats db that was
started by another mysql shell.

The question is, is there a quick way to tell the mysql shell what the
field list is? Or is it not getting a field list but do something else, as
the state says 'checking table'. I'm loathed to stop anything at the
moment, as I don't know how long it will take, and whether it is near the
end anyway. With the split of the disks, I'm confident the reports pull and
builder scripts will catch up very quickly, so I'm willing to wait another
day or two. Failing that I'm going to have to write an alias for the
command to also add the -A.

Does this field list actually lock any tables, as it appeared to when I
first started it, but some of the cronjobs I've restarted appear to be
fine. If it doesn't lock tables, I'll stop the repair, recopy the backup
metabase db, then try another mysql shell, and just let it run.

All advice gratefully received.

Thanks,
Barbie.

--