On 04/24/2014 04:51 AM, Olivier Mengué wrote:
As Task::CPAN::Reporter is the easiest way to install CPAN::Reporter and
all its dependencies, that distribution should be upgraded too.

Easy and modern, but too easy and wrong.
Tasks will not upgrade XS modules, when a newer module was found but is not usable.

Thus I updated Bundle::CPANReporter2 to 0.09 which also flattens the reqs manually, thus adds missing reqs and works ok.
And I also switched from the "unsafe" Crypt::SSLeay to
the Net::SSLeay, IO::Socket::SSL, LWP::Protocol::https combo which does hostname verification.

    If you smoke with CPAN+CPAN::Reporter, please upgrade CPAN::Reporter.
    CPAN 2.05 reports optional prerequisites and you must upgrade
    CPAN::Reporter to deal with it.

    I should have mentioned this after the QAH but forgot.  Mea culpa.

--
Reini

Working towards a true Modern Perl.
Slim, functional, unbloated, compile-time optimizable