On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Nigel Horne <n...@bandsman.co.uk> wrote:
> PS – it would help if the red column under the MSWin32 column of
> http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=POE-Component-SmokeBox+0.48 could be
> addressed.

So, I decided to take a look. I did

cpanm POE::Component::SmokeBox

It pulled in Regexp::Assemble as a dependency which failed to install
because of a POD test failure ... I guess the right fix would be not
to test the POD except for author release testing.

So, I went ahead and installed that

Now, POE also failed to install due to my most favorite reason for
test failures: Hard coded paths with Unix style directory separators
(I have ranted about this <sarcasm>maybe a tiny bit</sarcasm>)
recently. In a nutshell, yes, internal Windows APIs deal fine with
Unix style directory separators, but there are no guarantees once you
start passing paths to external programs. In this case, we have:

After two tiny changes <https://github.com/rcaputo/poe/pull/20>, I
could run POE tests, and then install, but there were a lot of skipped
tests due to Windows deficiencies.

Then, running cpanm POE::Component::SmokeBox again installed the rest
of the dependencies, but failed when it came to SmokeBox in exactly
the same way as those other test reports describe.

It seems to me that all the tests are failing due to the same reason
(which seems to be the fact we never get into _results, but I have no
idea what I am talking about.

I'll look at this again later ...

-- Sinan