On 08/17/2017 09:50 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
This is much the same problem that I wrote about in this group in December 2015 (http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers.discuss/2015/12/msg3751.html).  matrix.cpantesters.org is failing to identify me as the Tester who submitted a given report -- even when that identify is clearly shown in the underlying report.

Consider this recent report:

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/43eb62cc-82db-11e7-b299-c59927ee44e0

My name and CPAN ID are clearly visible in the "From" line of the report.

Now go to the matrix and search under the Regexp-Functions-chmod_et_al distribution for reports on FreeBSD run against perl-5.24.1:

http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Regexp-Functions-chmod_et_al%200.02;os=freebsd;perl=v5.24.1;reports=1

This page shows 3 reports.  Those from Slaven Rezic and Nigel Horne are clearly identified in the "Tester" column.  But I characterized as: NONAME.

Note that we're talking about the matrix here -- not the fast.matrix. So we're not talking about problems that might arise between entry into fast.matrix and entry into the matrix.

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

I didn't receive any response to this post back in August, so I'll try again, as the problem persists. Here's some new data.

This morning, I tried to install Net-Journyx against the system perl (5.24.1) in my FreeBSD-11.0 VM. The installation FAILed, as I knew it would, and a report was generated via CPAN::Reporter and sent off to metabase.

I refreshed http://metabase.cpantesters.org/tail/log.txt and located this entry for my report:

#####
[2017-12-28T14:09:16Z] [NONAME] [fail] [SARTAK/Net-Journyx-0.12.tar.gz] [amd64-freebsd-thread-multi] [perl-v5.24.1 RC4] [b0b3d13a-ebd8-11e7-8bb2-df6128ee44e0] [2017-12-28T14:09:16Z]
#####

So, at this early stage in the process, my cpan id, 'JKEENAN', was not recorded. I then checked the 'fast-matrix':

http://fast-matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Net-Journyx;perl=5.24.1;reports=1.

There, too, I am recorded as 'NONAME'. Now based on past experience -- see the links in my August post above -- when the full report shows up in the matrix, in the charts I will still be listed as NONAME even though the actual reporter clearly contains my cpan id.

Can anyone advise as to how I get my CPAN ID into the report?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan