On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 12:35:39PM -0500, Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> While I'm thinking about it I thought I'd post the URL for the OSD spec.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-OSD
>
> While reading it two things were in question; how will it fit into the
> CPAN

This is TBD. But what I could see is an OSD directory in which OSDs are
placed. On upload of a distribution it's OSD would be extracted and
placed into the OSD directory.

One thing that came up during the meeting was that there should be
one OSD per dist which covers all implementatons. I was skeptical
of this at the time, but now having thought a bit more I think it
would work.

> and how do we get people not only to use it but use it consistently.
> It's food for thought anyway.

Well the generation of it would be part of makemaker. The really important
stuff would be added done by makemaker. The author would then be able
to add other info (like description, webpage etc) that would be of
use to indexers.

Graham.