Right now I am working on a branch that removes the legacy/backcompat stuff
that permeates Test-Stream. This is no small task, expect it sometime in
the next week or so. I am sticking with the Test::Stream namespace for now,
no reason to switch it at this point.

Once this branch is done we can start playing poking and experimenting with
it in the Test::Stream namespace on cpan. If it becomes acceptable as a
replacement for Test::* we can rename it to Test2 to mark its move to
stability. Enough code is churning in a removal of backcompat that it will
be very much experimental and in testing phases when my branch is ready.