Hi,

Is it really necessary to introduce those new features (bloat?) in the
existing File::ShareDir ?

Why not just fork and keep the original File::ShareDir light?
What problems would be solved if the new features you plan were added to
the existing File::ShareDir? Which existing application would benefit from
these change just by upgrading to that new File::ShareDir, without using
the new APIs?

Olivier.