Sorry...MOBRO...my mistake,in 1987 - The Mobro 4,000, piled with 3,168 tons
of New York garbage, begins a 162-day, 6,000-mile search for a port willing
to take its' load. As the boat barged it's way into the media spotlight --
a surreal symbol of man's inability to clean up his own mess -- it's
rebuffed by 6 states & 3 countries before New York City agrees to burn the
trash. http://www.astc.org/exhibitions/rotten/rtintro.htm
http://www.garbage.org/events.htm

Love the way Stephen J cannel worked this into an episode of 'Wiseguys'
where ken whal picks up some smuggled coke on the scows return.Series has
an early performance of Kevin Spacey as a incestuously inclined
Malthusian,probably too low budget to be worth looking up but we are in a
crypto winter.

'In [the ideal state] every one is his own ruler. He rules himself in such
a manner that he is never a hindrance to his neighbor. In [such a state],
therefore, there is no political power because there is no State.' Gandhi