[Mail forwarded by Xonzoi Barbora]

Dear friends,

Greetings from the School of Media and Cultural Studies (SMCS) at the Tata
Institute of Social Sciences! And apologies for cross-posting :)

We are introducing a new Post-Graduate Diploma programme in Community Media
(2012-2013), in addition to our existing MA programme in Media and Cultural
Studies. The course is also being offered as a Dual Degree for TISS alumni
who have a Master's degree from the Institute.

The course is designed for social workers, community activists and cultural
organisers who are engaged in grassroots level activities, with the goal of
supplementing their field efforts with knowledge, perspectives and skills
to enable them to work with communities and facilitate expression of their
concerns through the media. The programme will foster among students a
critical understanding of the contemporary micro and macro level
development issues and prevalent mainstream discourses and help them
appreciate the role of community structures, institutions and dynamics in
the context of using media for empowerment. The students will also be
trained to use tools and
technologies to make them proficient in designing, initiating, monitoring
and evaluating media programmes in their respective communities.

A detailed announcement of the course along with the application form and
prospectus can be found on the TISS website:
http://tiss.edu/announcement/pgdcm-applications-invited-2012-2013

We would be grateful if you could share this announcement with individuals
and organisations who might be interested in joining this programme.

Thanking you,
Anjali and Jayasankar

______________________________________
Anjali Monteiro, Ph.D., Professor & Dean
K.P. Jayasankar, Ph.D., Professor & Chair, CCMP
School of Media and Cultural Studies
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,  Deonar, Mumbai 400 088, India
Phone:+91 22 2552 5661 and +91 22 2552 5660 (Work)
Fax:      +91 22 25525050    e-mail: contact[AT]monteiro-jayasankar[DOT]com
URLs: www.cmcs.tiss.edu
           http://likeherelikethere.wordpress.com/
           http://atwodayfair.wordpress.com/
           http://ourfamily2007.wordpress.com/
           http://naata.wordpress.com/
Join the Community Radio Forum. For membership details, please go to
www.crforum.in