Am Dienstag, 10. November 2009 11:13:01 schrieben Sie:
> That's excellent news! I do believe it makes much of my work obsolete.
> Neat. Christoph, this is incredibly exciting. One question: in the case of
> modified colours, where the company doesn't want its name used, does that
> mean not even being able to make reference to the inks required to print
> the given colour?

Err. what do you mean? We're talking about a CMYK standard, so the inks would
be Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black, just like in any other CMYK process.

The license will not allow for changing 1) the name of the colour 2) any CMYK
value 3) any L*a*b value 4) the name of the ICC profile that's required to
faithfully reproduce the colours, unless you remove all references to the
company and the name of the standard. This is, after all, the whole point of
a standard, namely that anyone receiving data that claim to adhere to a
standard can rely on the fact that they actually do. Just imagine what would
happen if anyone would be free to modify the ODF specification at will and
distribute it as an ODF spec. It would kill ODF - or any other standard. You
are free to build your own spec, which may be a derivative of ODF, but you
must not call this ODF.

Christoph