Dear Richard, and all,

To try to clarify in the light of the morning, there are (as I see it) two
separate issues:

1. A simplification of the scope notes for E91 Co-Reference Assignment. This is
a topic of the meeting next week. It would be good if you could comment if:

a) the changes in scope notes introduces any new problems or solves old problems
b) there are problems in E91 which was not solved by the proposed changes.

2. A document about (co)referencing. I would surely be happy to discuss that
(at length!) but it is kept outside of CRM on purpose. It is a discussion
document, not a part of the standard. Once finalised, it could be referred to
from the standard if we so wish. As you can see it is still in draft form.

Also remember the construct:

E89 Propositional Object —> P67 refers to (is referred to by) —> E1 CRM Entity

which can be used for reference without the co. The latter will easily
introduce implicit co-reference. E91 is for explicit co-reference. I would be
happy to go on about the difference (and can do it if it helps) but now my
train is arriving and I have to do other things.

I hope this helps to focus the disagreements,

Øyvind