Thanks Martin, Simon!

Here are our use cases, which are not at all new, but we had difficulty
modeling with the current ontology:

As data providers, and curators of art works, we would like to say that

• we have not evaluated copyright for the object, by reference to
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/CNE/1.0/ or that there is no known copyright
with CNK
• the object IS under copyright and we are the holder of it, until such and
such date
• an image IS under copyright, and we are the holder of it, and that anyone can
use it according to the Creative Commons Zero or CC-BY license
• the object was under copyright and is now in the public domain

Currently I think we need to simply put in a blank node Right, that is P2 to
the appropriate license or rights statement without an associated actor. And
then have a copyright Right which we possess, and a P2 through to the AAT term
for copyright. It’s not very satisfying as it means Right is used in two
different ways.

Other than the lack of a “period of ownership” for provenance tracking, we
haven’t really seen a need to track ownership or custody as a Right, as
Acquisition and Transfer of Custody are already good, events based tools for
that.

Rob

On 3/1/17, 1:36 PM, "Crm-sig on behalf of martin" <crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr