Thanks Martin, as always :)

So I agree completely, but we seem to have come to different conclusions?

The way I think about the procedure is as follows:

X is an object.
At time T, X was in a state S.
When in state S, object X was measured.
The measurement activity M, performed by actor A, resulted in a dimension D,
with value V and unit U.

And for the majority of these capital letters I can trivially assign CRM
classes … other than state S.

X:  the box    (Man Made Object)
T:  2015-09-10 (TimeSpan)
S: upright, lid open (?????)