Hiya George
First
Using our basic principles:-
a] if we don't understand/know something model it as loosely as possible (or
not at all!)
b] model based on actual data structures and schema
I suspect that there are many different types of Right that exist regardless of
recognition and others that exist only when "claimed" in some way and that we
should avoid modelling these unless we have concrete examples of their use and
a good understanding of the identity criteria etc for them.
At the moment we can probably use P16.1 to differentiate sufficiently well for
current use cases.
Second
Part of the general requirement for data integration is to allow multiple
opinions to be present in the KB so I would have thought that not tying the
Right to a particular user who is exercising it would make integration easier.
Thus if we have several different opinions about the Ownership of an object by
different people for different periods of time. In would be easier to find
those if all the opinions used the same instance of Right. Though of course we
could reconcile that they were all one thing because they would all be linked
to the same thing being owned.
We probably need to spend a bit of thinking time using the "Is this a good
concept" criteria to hone the definition.
TTFN
SdS

Stephen Stead
Tel +44 20 8668 3075