Robert
I am unclear how your thought experiment of "conceiving" of a right fits into
the definition of an instance of E30 Right as a "legal privilege". Is your
experiment is to consider what we might do about contested knowledge about
instances of E30 Right; to consider fraudulent instances of rights that might
be represented in knowledge systems as instances of E30 Right or as the basis
of defining a new class or classes? If the later do you have any examples from
documentation systems that we could draw on?

To aid my understanding of your sample snippets could you include the Class and
Property identifiers. The sample for the lament cloth (from the website) is
very clear, if a little more verbose, but would make your examples easier to
follow for me.

Your assertion that an instance of E39 Actor P105R has right on E22 Man Made
Object implies that you believe that instance of E39 Actor did perform the
activity of holding the right and this can then be represented with an instance
of E7 Activity. The case of you believing this statement to be untrue is dealt
with using CRMinf.
Rgds
SdS

PS Representing this in RDF is an implementation issue not a modelling one and
the SIG has given guidance on possible Open and Closed World resolutions to the
problem.

Stephen Stead
Tel +44 20 8668 3075
Mob +44 7802 755 013