Thanks Martin, for the link to
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/sites/default/files/CRMpc_v1.1_0.rdfs

This is actually very close to (and compatible with) the approach I
suggested in my earlier email, and I'm embarrassed to say I wasn't aware of
it at all.

I've managed to find some background material (though I had to use Google
to find it!)

http://www.cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-266-reified-association-vs-sub-event is
an archive of a relevant discussion.

http://www.cidoc-crm.org/sites/default/files/Roles.pdf presents a few
slides showing options for modelling properties of properties, including
the "Property Class" approach.

These slides include a nice illustration of the approach defined in the
RDFS:

http://www.cidoc-crm.org/sites/default/files/20160802PropertiesOfProperties.pptx

I think I'd be very happy with this "Property Class" approach, although
rather than using the generic properties P01_has_domain, P02_has_range, and
their inverses,I would still want to define specific subproperties, e.g.
for the case of actors playing a specific role in the performance of an
activity, I would prefer to link the performance (i.e. the instance of PC14
carried out by) to the actor and the activity using domain-specific
properties such as has_actor and has_activity.

Conal

Conal Tuohy
http://conaltuohy.com/
@conal_tuohy