Dear Martin

I'm not sure what you meant by "partially declared subproperties" there (the
ambiguity of the term "subproperty" in this discussion doesn't help). I think
I understood the rest of what you were saying, though.

To be clear, all I was saying was that I would prefer not to publish RDF
that directly uses those generic RDF predicates P01_has_domain and
P02_has_range, but instead to use a set of more specific predicates (which
could be defined to be (RDFS) subproperties of those two predicates). So
each distinct type of CRM property which had been reified as an RDFS class
(e.g. PC14_carried_out_by) would have its own pair of RDF properties for
linking to instances of its domain and range.

My rationale for that preference is that it would be more meaningful to
users to make use of an RDF predicate called Pxxx_has_actor (with a domain
of PC14_carried_out_by and a range of E39_Actor) and Pxxx_has_activity
(with domain PC14_carried_out_by and range E7_Activity), rather than using
generic predicates P01_has_domain and P02_has_range. Plus it would give us
more type-safety. It would be a trivial extension to that existing RDFS to
add those extra RDFS subproperties (about 60 of them, including the
inverses).

Regards

Conal