Dear Maximilian,

This makes sense to me, but I do not agree with your recommendation as a general rule.

There is a fundamental epistemological problem, which has nothing to do with quantitative evidence. The latter, by the way, cannot detect an endless recursion anyhow, because people would break it.

The ramifications of this breaking are huge, as can be seen by your answer.

Let us start with a more fundamental construct, a simple CRM-compatible "knowledge graph" with one attribute:

"Martin" has residence "Heraklion".

Using an E13,
"Martin" performed "Attr.Ass.512". has type: "has residence"
assigned: "Heraklion"
assigned to: "Martin"
now reading it, I know the knowledge graph wants to make me believe who said "has residence", but I do not know, who introduced these three more attributes. So, I reify the three new attributes with 9 more, and I am still not wiser, nor will I be with any other iteration of it.

If I know that the knowledge graph *was produced by Martin as a trusted source as a whole*, I do not need the E13 in it.

Then, I can add metadata to the whole knowledge graph, e.g., as a Named Graph or "context" or on paper etc. , but I am
still in the same situation: who produced these metadata, are they trusted?

Hence, I conclude three things:

a) There is no completely self-descriptive information. The trusted source ("sender of the message" in Claude Shannon's sense) lies outside the information unit. It must always be the default. In order to characterize the default, we need semantics  different from E13.

b) It makes no sense to describe the default in the graph itself.

c) Any description within a set of information about its provenance pushes the level where the default applies up to the next source of source. Hence, if a team decides to register actions of their members, the team as a whole pushes the default up to the trust in the registration, rather than in the primarily registered. I see all you examples as practices of this kind. There may be many reasons to do this, but in other cases also not to do it.

Such a rule cannot replace understanding the basic epistemology, which is always the same.

Does that make sense:-)?

All the best,

Martin