But nations are much more than democratic nation-states. What about small
nations steered by consensus, clan based nations, national with a significant
number of political decisions based on referendum? What about nations/countries
where voting is obligatory and it is a criminal offence not to vote?

Based on an open world assumption I find it hard to say that no nation can ever
show collective agency.

All the best,

Øyvind