Dear Richard,

In addition to Franco's comments, not all things having a temporal dimension are activities. We'll discuss more next week. I'd not think results of activities can be activities. Shoes are not shoe-making.

We have here two aspects:
A) the legal declaration or convention
B) the administrative and other activities taking place in the areas, respecting or being fostered, encouraged or initiated within these limits. In that sense, yes, the legal act has consequences, not really results. Isn't it?

Currently, we tend to model them as kinds of geopolitical units, i.e., B)

We discuss the new extension CRMSoc (social), to model legal constructs respected or not by some communities. They form sorts of legal "states" (the heavily overloaded word "state", we try to break down into more specifics).

The tension between paper declarations and actual, observable administration is a problem. Therefore I prefer the observable.

Martin