From: Crm-sig <crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr> on behalf of Martin Doerr
<mar...@ics.forth.gr>
Date: Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 9:39 AM
To: crm-sig <Crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
Subject: [Crm-sig] ISSUE Label-free RDF classes PLEASE VOTE

Dear All,

The current text "Expressing
the CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model in RDF"
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zCGZ4iBzekcEYo4Dy0hI8CrZ7dTkMD2rJaxavtEOET0/edit?ts=5b50b922)

contains the phrase:
"In addition, for convenience of implementation we have defined number-only
classes and properties e.g. “E63” or “P2”, and declared each of them to be
equivalent to the corresponding full form"

In the past, this option was provided and widely rejected by users. I do not
know of any installation using it.

It was proposed again because CRM-SIG reserves the right to change labels
without changing the code ("E63", "P2" etc.), in cases when the meaning is
preserved but the existing label causes confusion and can be replaced by a more
fitting or at least less confusing one. These changes are very rare, and
explicit in the amendment of the respective version.

Those of you who support:
"In addition, for convenience of implementation we have defined number-only
classes and properties e.g. “E63” or “P2”, and declared each of them to be
equivalent to the corresponding full form"
 please vote YES.

Those of you who support:
"The English label is part of the definition of the RDF classes and properties.
Number-only classes and properties e.g. “E63” or “P2”, are not provided". Other
means of supporting migration between label versions to be discussed.

please vote NO.

(Those who believe the issue is not sufficiently formulated please vote "VETO".
One or more "VETO" will stop the e-mail vote as a whole and postpone it to the
next physical meeting)

Best

Martin

mar...@ics.forth.gr<mailto:mar...@ics.forth.gr> |