Rob,

I don't think that's particularly fair. The goal is not, as I am sure
you realise, to make CRM-encoded data as obscure as possible.  It is to
ensure that the Linked Data identifiers which we publish are as
persistent as they need to be, in the context of cultural heritage
documentation which may be around long after we're all dead.

Best wishes,

Richard