Dear all,

Sorry for joining the discussion so late.

The  “Pxx conceptually follows “ can be used to create a (partial) ordering of
concepts (classes).

It is at a first view, a handy property.

However, it may be problematic to use types as qualification of other types in
this way. For example, according to the modeling principles document one should
avoid concepts like ‘large’ and ‘small’ (e.g. a large mouse and a small
elephant) as well as “good” and “bad”.

The last two examples are examples where the relations are defined according to
a predefined linear scale/dimension.

 The first example is not generally true. OED:

“1. Estimated by average; i.e. by equally distributing the aggregate
inequalities of a series among all the individuals of which the series is
composed.

2. a. Equal to what would be the result of taking an average; medium, ordinary;
of the usual or prevalent standard.”

I question if such a property is a good idea inside the type hierarchy. ​

Best,

Christian-Emil