Thank you Martin!

If I can try to summarize my understanding, …

A physical object isA space time volume that has a temporal projection that is
equal to the time span between its beginning of existence and its end of
existence.
A period isA space time volume that has a temporal projection that is equal to
the timespan of the temporal entity (and hence the FOL equivalency)
An arbitrary temporal slice of a STV (be it physical or temporal) that does not
need to obey these restrictions is a E93 Presence

Space Time Volumes themselves seem never to need to be instantiated, instead
one would use a subclass, as above.

In the 6.2.4 documentation, the Examples for E92 do not give sub-classes.

The STV of the Event of Caesar’s murder seems like either an E7 Activity (the
murdering)
The STV of the carbon 14 dating also seems like an E7 Activity (or attribute
assignment, depending on modeling?)
The HMS victory from construction through to current location seems like a E22
Man-Made Object
The Danube river flood seems like an E5 Event

Having examples for E93 Presence would be valuable.

Rob