Dear Martin, I agree with you. I tried to suggest a solution with what we have,
of course introducing new entities/properties may be even better.

However, when stating that a birth event may not end in a new E21 Person we
must be very careful. According to the doctrine of Catholic Church, a Person
exists since the very first moment of conception, when the first cell comes
into existence and starts splitting. Such cell or assembly of cells is assumed,
for example, to have a soul since the very beginning of its existence. Maybe
also the Orthodox Church has the same belief.

I am just mentioning the above without taking part in favour or against, of
course.

Thus end of pregnancy should not be opposed to Birth unless we formulate the
scope note of the latter very carefully. I mean that what distinguishes a Birth
from an end of pregnancy which is not a Birth should be stated without
offending anybody.

On a different but related note, I think that a clear distinction among the
different cases of end of pregnancy where the baby is not born alive is
unlikely to be documented in historical documents, so a generic category would
probably suit better this particular case.

Best

Franco

Prof. Franco Niccolucci
Director, VAST-LAB
PIN - U. of Florence
Scientific Coordinator
ARIADNEplus - PARTHENOS

Editor-in-Chief
ACM Journal of Computing and Cultural Heritage (JOCCH)

Piazza Ciardi 25
59100 Prato, Italy