Dear All,

May be I can make the difference more clear:

The fundamental principle of formal ontologies is to be able to say if something is the same thing in two different references.

Therefore,

(1) the identity of the exhibition set is given by what was exhibited. The phase of collecting is its production, because the relation of the parts to the whole are not yet well defined.

(2) the identity of the collection is given by a concept of continuity of growth, which has to do with its unity at any point in time and the intentions of the curator.

May be a term "Temporary Aggregate" would be useful (P2 has type:...). This can pertain to many situations and processes.

A new class, in whatever extension, could specify the exhibition activity.

All the best,

Martin