Dear George

the simplest solution I have used for very basic cases, such as, I want to assign the transcribed content (without identifying A) to B was: B (E73 Information Object or E33): P3 has note.P3.1 has type:"transcription" and the string is the content note. This is the content. However this doesn't work if you need to have A as an instance with identity (you use other paths in that case, as you mentioned)

BRs
Athina

Στις 2021-07-20 12:38, George Bruseker via Crm-sig έγραψε:
Dear all,

Just a general question to the crowd.

Sometimes one has transcribed data of a very simple form.

A is supposed to represent B and it has been copied by someone with
the intention of so doing.

A is a transcription of B

A [E33] is a transcription of B [E33]

This could be modelled numerous ways using CIDOC CRM. If one is
looking for the most direct/binary way, I suppose that the only choice
is "p130 shows features of". If you wanted to capture the mode of
relation then you would use p130.1 has type and indicate
'transcription'.

I notice, however, that we do have 'has translation' as a sub property
of P130 shows features of, as an apparently useful to the community
binary property specializing P130 to that specific scenario.

Has anyone else done modelling of transcriptions before with the aim
of not recording the event but only the binary relation and if so, did
you come up with any interesting solutions?

A property would be handy in case anyone has created and published a
specialization that could just be reused?

Thanks for any insight! Maybe I miss an obvious trick from LRM?

All the best,

George