Dear Martin,

Our HW for issue 545.

A grapheme is atomic by definition as it represents the minimum unit (i.e., a
unit that cannot be further decomposed) of a writing system.

Furthermore, the grapheme is a conceptual and non-concrete unit and is made
manifest by the individual act (performance) of writing. For this reason, a
grapheme of an actual text cannot exist. Instead, in actual texts we find
glyphs that are precisely the physical manifestation of graphemes.

We hope this clarifies :-)

Ciao,
Achille & Francesca