In which case, can I suggest the following change to the scope note:

Old scope note:
This property describes the active participation of an instance of E39 Actor in an instance of E7 Activity. It implies causal or legal responsibility. The P14.1 in the role of property of the property specifies the nature of an Actor’s participation.

Proposed new scope note:
This property describes the active participation of an instance of E39 Actor in an instance of E7 Activity. It implies causal or legal responsibility. For instances of E39 Actor whose inactive presence has a causal impact to the activity or they are active without sharing the responsibility of the activity, the property P11 had participant (participated in) should be used instead. The P14.1 in the role of property of the property specifies the nature of the participation for the instance of E39 Actor.

All the best,

Thanasis