Dear George, all,

The new version of PC classes file (for CRMbase version 7.1.1) has been
already produced (as discussed in the last meeting) and will be soon
available through the crm website (see issue 567
<https://cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-567-module-for-pc-properties>).

Thinking of it again:
Since the namespace for the PC classes is the same with that of the base
classes/properties, why not including them directly within the base RDFS?
(i.e. providing at the end a single rdfs file that also includes the PCs).
Properties of properties are part of the official documentation (of the
base model, or of an extension), so why not including the corresponding PC
classes in the same RDFS file instead of providing and maintaining a second
file? (this applies for both the base model and the extensions)

This is just a suggestion without knowing any discussions, or decisions
made, when implementing the PC classes for the first time several years ago
(there might be a good reason for having a second file...).

Best regards,
Pavlos

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 11:41 AM George Bruseker via Crm-sig <
crm-sig@ics.forth.gr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Subsequent to another thread I started here I am proposing that there be a
> conversation about having a standard policy and method for creating,
> documenting and making available the .1 properties for base and its
> extensions in the RDF serialization. At present to my knowledge the PC
> classes are only available for CRMBase and relative to version 6.2.1. Other
> extensions however also use .1 constructions and, moreover, CRMbase moves
> forward and its PC classes should hypothetically move with it. Therefore, I
> propose we discuss, create and implement a common policy for creating this
> rdf derivative to support rdf implementations that adopt the .1
> constructions.
>
> Best,
>
> George

Pavlos Fafalios

Postdoctoral researcher (Marie Curie IF - Project ReKnow
<https://reknow.ics.forth.gr/>)
Centre for Cultural Informatics & Information Systems Laboratory
Institute of Computer Science - FORTH

and

Visiting Lecturer
Department of Management Science & Technology
Hellenic Mediterranean University

Address: N. Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, 70013 Heraklion, Greece
Email: fafal...@ics.forth.gr
Tel: +30-2810-391619
Web: http://users.ics.forth.gr/~fafalios/