The issue in question is 340:
https://cidoc-crm.org/Issue/ID-340-classes-without-properties

Discussed at SIG meetings 39, 41, and 43.

Whereby the classes in question were kept under this clause:

It can be useful as a leaf class (i.e. at the end of a CRM branch) to
domain communities building CRM extensions or matching key domain classes
from other models to the CRM (e.g. E34 Inscription).

I propose that being able to Name things with a Linguistic Appellation that
is not an E35 Title is critically important to all domain communities and
matches classes from other models. People, Places, Concepts and many other
fundamental entities have Names in languages which are not Titles.

Therefore it falls within the scope of CRM Base.

The substance of the class is that humans name specific instances with
different names in different languages. The Name is expressed in a
Language, exactly in the same way as other uses of P72. If E33_E41 doesn't
have substance, then I find it hard to see how E35 is substantive either --
E35 is a more restrictive version of E33_E41 through its scope note, as can
be seen by the identical super-classes.

Rob