Dear Thanasis,

> Example for S15 Observable Entity:
>
>       • the flight of a male Bearded Vulture observed over Heraklion, Crete
> in the morning of the 24th of October 2020 (E5) (Claes, 2020)
> Claes, J. (2020) Bearded Vulture - Gypaetus barbatus, Observation.org.
> Available at:https://observation.org/observation/203043133/ (Accessed: 20
> December 2022).

According to the linked webpage, the Bearded Vulture was observed near the
village of Loukia, in the south of the regional unit of Iraklio.

> Example for S19 Encounter Event:
>       • the encounter of the marble floor of the Villa of the Papyri in
> Herculaneum during the digging of a well in 1750 (S19) (Koekoe, 2017)
> Koekoe, J. (2017) ‘Herculaneum: Villa of the Papyri – World History et
> cetera’, 17 January. Available at:
> https://etc.worldhistory.org/education/villa-papyri/ (Accessed: 20 December
> 2022).

The linked webpage doesn't mention a marble floor.

>       • the encounter of oak planks from a ship during a dig in a mound at
> the farm Lille Oseberg in Norway in 1908 (S19) (‘Oseberg Ship’, Wikipedia,
> 2022)
> ‘Oseberg Ship’ (2022) Wikipedia. Available at:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oseberg_Ship&oldid=1127078631
> (Accessed: 20 December 2022).

According to the linked Wikipedia page it was excavated 1904–1905, so the
encounter of oak planks was likely in 1904? And I assume from the example that
these oak planks were the first part of the ship that was found, but the
article doesn't say this.

> Example for O19 encountered object:
>       • The encounter of a marble floor during the digging of a well in 1750
> (S19) encountered object the Villa of the Papyri in Herculaneum (E18).
> (Koekoe, 2017)
> Koekoe, J. (2017) ‘Herculaneum: Villa of the Papyri – World History et
> cetera’, 17 January. Available at:
> https://etc.worldhistory.org/education/villa-papyri/ (Accessed: 20 December
> 2022).

see above

>       • The encounter of oak planks from a ship during a dig in a mound at
> the farm Lille Oseberg in Norway, in 1908 (S19) encountered object the
> Oseberg Ship (E18). (‘Oseberg Ship’, Wikipedia, 2022)
> ‘Oseberg Ship’ (2022) Wikipedia. Available at:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oseberg_Ship&oldid=1127078631
> (Accessed: 20 December 2022).

see above

> Example for O21 encountered at:
>
>       • The encounter of the Oseberg Ship in 1908 (S19) encountered at the
> farm Lille Oseberg in Norway (E53). (‘Oseberg Ship’, Wikipedia, 2022)
> ‘Oseberg Ship’ (2022) Wikipedia. Available at:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oseberg_Ship&oldid=1127078631
> (Accessed: 20 December 2022).

I think the example should be like this:
The encounter of the Oseberg Ship in 1908 (S19) encountered at The phenomenal
place of the encounter of the Oseberg Ship (E53) [P89 falls within: the farm
Lille Oseberg in Norway]

The argument is the same as in the example of the Sphaerosyllis levantina
specimens in Haifa Bay: Otherwise you would state that the phenomenal place of
the Encounter Event contains the whole farm, which I don’t think is true.

> Examples for O31 has validity time-span:
>
>       • The measurement of the position of the Titanic by captain Smith after
> hitting an iceberg (S23) has validity time-span from 15 April 1912 23:40 to
> 15 April 1912 00:15 (E52) [This was the time-span between hitting the iceberg
> and ordering for a distress signal (time-span A). Captain Smith measured the
> position during a time-span B within time-span A. [The two time-spans can be
> related with property 'P86 falls within'] (Tikkanen, 2022)

The O31 scope note, version in the email from 24.11.2022:

> This property associates an instance of S23 Position Measurement with the
> instance of E53 Time-Span for which the measurement is valid. No inferences
> can be made in relation to the validity of the measurement outside this
> time-span despite the fact that some measured entities are relatively stable
> and their positions may remain the same after the measurement. The time-span
> of validity should fall within (P86 falls within (contains)) the overall
> time-span (P4 has time-span (is time-span of) of the process of measurement.

Did this change since then? Because in your example it seems to be the other
way round, the time-span of validity (A) contains the time-span of the
measurement (B).

In the same email, O31 is declared as a subproperty of P4 has time-span. But P4
denotes the phenomenal time-span of a temporal entity. This doesn’t seem to fit
with either version? Or what would be the temporal entity whose phenomenal
time-span is the validity time-span of the measurement?

And out of curiosity: How does the concept of a validity time-span relate to E3
Condition State ("the time-span for which a certain condition can be asserted
may be shorter than the real time-span, for which this condition held“)?

Best,
Wolfgang