Dear All,

I remember a discussion about the quantifiers of P140, P141, assigns attribute...

As it stands now, they are both

"many to many (0,n:0,n)".

P177 assigned property of type, has

"many to many, necessary (1,n:0,n)"

Firstly, all must be necessary. you cannot assign a property type without a domain and range.

Secondly, the scope notes of all these properties do use singular, "the":

"This property associates an instance of E13 Attribute Assignment with the type of property or relation that this assignment maintains to hold between *the item* to which it assigns an attribute and *the attribute* itself"

Thirdly, multiple values confuse which is which.

I remember a discussion that, theoretically, if you have:

a) one domain, one type, many ranges

b) many domains, one type, one range

c) one domain, many types, one range,

The propositions are well defined. I assume that this discussion was never ended, nor such constraints be formulated in Logic. I doubt it can be in FOL, and is, for any user, utterly *confusing*.

The quantifiers must be: "many to one, necessary (1,1:0,n)"

Generalizing single property assigments for *ISSUE 602*, this *must *be resolved.

best,

Martin

--
 Dr. Martin Doerr