Dear Christian-Emil,

I agree with all you write. The quantification should be (1,1:0,n) for all subproperties you have listed.

Best,

Martin

On 3/19/2024 8:52 AM, Christian-Emil Smith Ore wrote:

Dear Martin,

I have read this issue a little late. I have no problem with your argumentation. There may be a side effect.

P35:

Quantification: many to many, necessary (1,n:0,n)

For all x,y we have P37(x,y) ⇒P141(x,y)

Since the quantification of P35 is (1,n:0,n), then it may exist  P37(a,b) and P37(a,c) and b is not c. (if not the quantification should be (1,1:0,n). From the subproperty definition

P37(a,b) ⇒ P141(a,b) and P37(a,c) ⇒ P141(a,c)

so we can conclude that P141(a,b) and P141(a,c) which  contradicts the proposed quantification (1,1:0,n) of P141. In general a subproperty cannot have a less restrictive quantification than its superproperty. If I am correct we have check the scopenotes of

P34, P35, P37, P38, P40, P42

P140 assigned attribute to (was attributed by)

Domain: E13Attribute Assignment Range:E1CRM Entity

Superproperty of:

E14 Condition Assessment. P34 concerned (was assessed by): E18Physical Thing [ (1,n:0,n), not OK]

E16 Measurement. P39 measured (was measured by): E18Physical Thing [OK]

E17 Type Assignment. P41 classified (was classified by): E1 CRM Entity  [OK]

P141 assigned (was assigned by)

Domain: E13Attribute Assignment

Range:E1CRM Entity

Superproperty of:

E14 Condition Assessment. P35 has identified (identified by): Ε3 Condition State  [ (1,n:0,n), not OK]

E15 Identifier Assignment. P37 assigned (was assigned by): E42 Identifier  [ (0,n:0,n), not OK]

E15 Identifier Assignment. P38 deassigned (was deassigned by): E42 Identifier  [ (0,n:0,n), not OK]

E16 Measurement. P40 observed dimension (was observed in): E54Dimension [ (1,n:0,n), not OK]

E17 Type Assignment. P42 assigned (was assigned by): E55 Type [ (1,n:0,n), not OK]

In all the scopepnotes (P34, P35, P37, P38, P40, P42 ) the instance of the range is in singular number. So the quantifications can be adjusted without problem.

Best,
Christian-Emil