Rick Tanner wrote:

Alex Schultz wrote:

   /12) Do not put directors with bullet, lightning, fireball, etc. that
   are a loop or continuous.  Example:  Do not have two directors, each
   facing each other, with a bullet wall firing into them at the side.
   /

Why is this a problem? I saw what was written below it, but don't bullets and fireballs and such explode after traveling for a bit?

Nope, they travel between the directors until they hit something substantial such as another player, monster, summoned pet, etc.

Actually, I'm afraid you're mistaken... I just tested on my private test server. They do disappear/explode after moving a bit without hitting anything (i.e. when director bouncing). A small fireball exploded about ~5 seconds of bouncing, and small bullet disappeared after about the same amount of time. I don't see how it could be that bad either: I'm testing firing missile swarm (about the most projectile intensive spell there is), into a tight 3 director loop, and my server barely gets up to 2% cpu usage. Large fireball fired as rapidly as can be by a signal player's natural casting can't push it over 1.3% cpu, and even with all this, the idle cpu usage is 1%. Really, unless lots of monsters are casting, or if it's meteor swarm with it's massive amount of fire, I don't see how this could be a problem.

Alex Schultz