For the TL;DR: I am for having a single team/owner responsible for
Chromium/Blink in Crosswalk. I'm not sold on the notion of having the
original owner of a feature have to continually re-visit "completed"
work in order to keep that feature in a newer version of Crosswalk.

Long winded answer:

In general I am for attempt to improve our methodology, and this takes
us a step in the right direction. Having not been in the trenches
dealing with the day-to-day impact of the current methodology, I defer
to those that have. I *really* like the idea of having a single,
unchanging, person/team that owns Chromium.

However, this proposal diverges from the BKM illustrated by most open
source projects. From the community vantage point (3rd parties, other
business groups, etc.) landing something in upstream (to them) means
landing it in Crosswalk. In the Linux kernel world (and other open
source projects) once a feature has landed in upstream, rebasing is
done by the upstream community. In our approach, we are saying landing
it in Crosswalk means you are going to own that feature forever, and
if you don't, it may be deleted.

I would set the expectation that we may start with a single full time
resource allocated to owning Chromium, however we may expand that to a
forward-porting sub-team long term. I would rather see experts in
re-basing and forward porting doing that job than "peanut buttering"
that skillset across the entire team.

James