On 08/12/14 14:08, Pozdnyakov, Mikhail wrote:
> Hi,

Hi, just two questions:

> Implementation plan:
> 1) Add the Tizen appcore-related logic and other functionality from
> xwalk-launcher to BP
> 2) Make the necessary modifications in Tizen so that it does not rely on the
> Shared process model any more (e.g. launches xwalk instead of xwalk-launcher)
> 3) Merge EP and GP into BP -- make it Dual process model

> 4) Clean up tons of unused code, including removal of xwalk-launcher (yay!)

The xwalk-launcher is somewhat recent, as was added when xwalk
implemented the Run as a Service mode [1]. And it seemed that it was
added because it was a advantage to run the applications as
xwalk-launcher <id> instead of xwalk <id>. With this changes it seems
(correct me if Im wrong), that xwalk <id> is coming back. Could you
summarize what changed to make having xwalk-launcher a bad idea? (I
concluded that you see xwalk-launcher as bad per se, due that yay! ;) )

Additionally, with that "run as a service" change, a basic DBUS
interface was added on xwalk, to expose some services like
launch/install/uninstall. xwalk-launcher is an example of an application
using that DBUS interface. With this changes towards the dual process
model. Is the DBUS interface going away?.

Thanks

[1]
https://lists.crosswalk-project.org/pipermail/crosswalk-dev/2013-November/000428.html

--