the x9.59 standard is authentication as well as certificate neurtral.

aads is pki no certificate ... i.e. it has a public key infrastructure with
respect to public key management ... it just that its public key management
attempts to take advantage of extensive existing "binding" business processes
rather than inventing new ones. Now it may not be PKI, for  PKI==X.509, but it
is not "no infrastructure" (although they have been some claims that no "new"
infrastructure is equated to "no infrastructure", aka existing password, PIN,
mother-maiden-name, SSN, etc infrastructures don't actually exist).

Rich Salz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 01/09/2001 04:20:44 PM