One has to remember that people come to bridge matches to play bridge, not
crypto games. Computers are a pretty good solution. The hands have to be
recorded and published in any case, so the added work in making up hands
that match the printout is balanced by not needing to key in the delt
hands. In the long run it is better to get rid of cards altogether and play
the hands on terminals, with the bids communicated electronically. This
eliminates most of the back channels, concious and unconcious, that plague
the game.