As some sort of a physicist, I the way the word entropy is used in
crypto does not bother me at all.  It corresponds well with the
statistical mechanics definition of entropy as a measure of the
number of microstates of a system which correspond to the same
macrostate -- for example, the number of ways a given amount of
energy can be distributed among the molecules.

But

> "the conditional entropy of a measurement given all the information
> about the measurement that an attacker is expected to acquire,
> under the threat model for which the present use is being designed."

contains a phrase "conditional entropy" that means nothing at all to
me, and generally goes "thud" upon the ear.

                                Matt Crawford