Steve Mynott wrote:

> There used to be two keys I believe a little (weak) key and a larger (strong)
> key.  In the (patched to domestic US strength) version of Netscape I use
> (Linux 4.07) the padlock is always the same size.  It may be my version
> is broken.
>
> Anyone with a legit. US browser confirm that this visual cue (icon
> size) has been removed?

Up through 3.0, we used a key with one tooth for weak crypto and a key with two
teeth for strong crypto.  In 4.0, the UI people changed it to a padlock.
Although we complained bitterly, they never put in any visual distinction
between weak and strong crypto, although most of the code to do it is still
there.

--
What is appropriate for the master is not appropriate| Tom Weinstein
for the novice.  You must understand Tao before      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]