> BTW, if anybody ever finds a strong-crypto wireless LAN solution let me
> know. [To save time: yes, I am aware of IPSEC, SSL, etc. No, that's not what

you might want to take a look at Ricochet from Metricom.

    http://www.metricom.com/individuals/description.htm

while their main line of business is as a wireless ISP, they also
claim to be able to sell you a point-to-point service.  their hype
states that they use RC4, but they don't mention a keylength.  since
it's a domestic-only product, i wouldn't be surprised to see 128 bits.
then again, the same document contains the sentence "You can't find
better security" which is a pretty bad sign.

if you are able to find out more of their crypto details, please share
them.

--mkb

Michael Kennedy Brodhead
Security - Design - Development