Udhay Shankar N <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> For me, the highlight of the JavaOne Developer Conference in San
> Francisco last March was Dallas Semiconductor's iButton with Java -- aka
> the Java Ring, a wearable computer that ran Java. It allegedly had a
> high-performance encryption engine, an exciting prospect indeed, until I
> discovered that the encryption unit wasn't accessible on the ring.

Funny. I'm holding in my hands a version of the Java ring that _does_
RSA (I've checked, up to 1024 bit key length). Funny because I'm in
Germany and Dallas legally exported one to me.

I'm wondering what _that_ means. Can you say backdoor?

Andreas

--
"We show that all proposed quantum bit commitment schemes are insecure because
the sender, Alice, can almost always cheat successfully by using an