Marcus Leech wrote:

> "Steven M. Bellovin" wrote:
> >
> > It's clearly not automatic, but I suspect it would work....
> >
> User behaviour is the weak point here--while the browsers WILL notify
>   you that the cert is signed by a CA you don't recognize, they also
>   give you the option of accepting the cert, which most users will just
>   blindly accept.  Netscape gives you a couple of options here--accept
>   the site cert for this session only, or accept it forever; I expect lots
>   of users will choose "forever", since that's simpler.

Actually, since accepting it for the current session only is the default, that
is what most people pick.  Once they become familiar with the interface (and
maybe actually read the dialogs) they do become more likely to just pick
"forever".

--
What is appropriate for the master is not appropriate| Tom Weinstein
for the novice.  You must understand Tao before      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]