At 08:07 PM 7/6/00 -0400, Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:
>> >The FBI contents that in order to protect U.S. facilities, it must be
>> >assured that only U.S.-owned companies can be used to handle domestic
>> >Internet traffic. In the past, the FBI has also insisted that the
>> >companies employ U.S. citizens to handle potential wiretapping activities.
>
>This is why we need "IPsec on Everything". Eliminate the FBI's ability to
>conduct wiretaps, and then there would be no concern about foreign
>companies buying communications providers.

The current UK effort is why we also need "Perfect Forward Secrecy In
Everything";
it's hard to force someone to turn over their decryption keys when their
equipment doesn't store them past a session, and it's easier to argue that
you shouldn't be required to turn over a signature key that can only be
used for forgery
than a decryption key which could reveal past session keys.

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]