David Honig writes:

 > Again, if they have the 'right' (as border agents) then the technical
 > difficulty translates into a battle of wills.  A non-citizen would
 > lose.  A citizen *might* have a case but might also spend a few
 > weeks in a Customs' hotel...

Essentially, this means a storage medium not immediately readable by
the customs (naked hard drives would certainly qualify) can be legally
confiscated, at least in theory (somehow, I think they'll have to be
pretty selective about it, as the screening alone will take too much
time).

I, also, would like to know how frequently this is being enforced in
practice.